After I realized I had wood but no plan, I tried to figure out the best way to use the material on pen and paper. Once I had the solution, I hopped on Solidworks to make a model of it and see what it'd be like. Next, I cut the wood to size, drilled holes for two screws on either side of each shelf, and screwed it together.
The down fall of the wood I got is that the edges were in terrible shape. There was enough tear off from the dull blade of the circular saw to make Ron Swanson cry. To remedy the situation, I went through with wood fill and filled all of the areas that I could. After a little sanding, the edges were almost touchable without getting a splinter. Almost. I then stained the wood with one coat and followed it with two coats of polyurethane.
Notes for next time: